|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
I Led 3 Lives (ebook)
You'll get 1 PDF100% SSL Secure
I LED 3 LIVES: THE TRUE STORY OF HERBERT A. PHILBRICK'S TELEVISION PROGRAM by Martin Grams, Jr.
This program was described by one critic as a "product of the McCarthy era [which] contains what was perhaps the most explicit political propaganda ever found in a popular dramatic series on American television."
During the 1950s, I LED THREE LIVES gained a lot of attention. Television viewers were fascinated with the weekly adventures of Herbert A. Philbrick, who for nine frightening years, led three lives: an average citizen, amember of the Communist Party, and a counterspy for the F.B.I.
Richard Carlson played the lead, and his character reflected stereotypes that were all too prevalent during the Red Scare of the 1940s and early 1950s, when Communist spies seemed to be behind every bush and anyone with liberal views was indeed suspect.
* A complete production history of this fascinating program, including memories and quotes from Richard Carlson, Frederic Ziv, and others.
* A complete episode guide listing in extreme detail all 117 episodes in production order, including dates they were filmed, complete cast lists, where each scene was filmed on location throughout California, and other pieces of trivia so detailed it'll make your head swim.
* Reprints of story ideas and suggestions that just never fleshed out into a feasible television episode.
* Internal correspondence between Philbrick and the television producer so you can see first hand exactly what kind of involvement the real Philbrick had with the production of this series.
* Background information about Philbrick's book, including reprints of book reviews, Philbrick's opinions about how his involvement with the F.B.I. founded the book, and how the book changed his life.
* Brief critical essays about other Anti-Communist films including RED PLANET MARS (1952), I WAS A COMMUNIST FOR THE F.B.I. (1951), and INVASION U.S.A. (1951), to name a few, and their influence and comparison with the I LED THREE LIVES series.