|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
London After Midnight (ebook)
You'll get 1 PDF100% SSL Secure
LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT by Philip J. Riley
Tod Browning’s London After Midnight (1927) starred Lon Chaney. The silent movie is sadly considered a lost film, but it is still at the top of the “most wanted” lists at the American Film Institute (AFI) and other worldwide film organizations.
Lon Chaney was known as “The Man of a Thousand Faces,” and in this film, he added three new faces to his gallery: Inspector Burke of Scotland Yard, Professor Burke of India, and “The Man in the Beaver Hat” – a vampire.
This new edition also contains a treasure trove of fascinating artifacts and memorabilia:
· Foreword by Forrest J Ackerman
· Introduction by the film's Art Director, A. Arnold (Buddy) Gillespie
· An interview with David S. Horsley, ASC
· An interview with actress Carroll Borland, who plays Luna, the Vampire Girl in the 1935 remake, Mark of the Vampire, with Bela Lugosi
· The original shooting script
· Many new photographs of vintage posters from around the world
· A reconstruction of the film through photographs, artwork, and subtitles
· The complete 1928 Photoplay novel by Marie Coolidge-Rask
· The fantastic portrait by Rick Baker, Academy Award-winning makeup artist, of Lon Chaney as “The Man in the Beaver Hat”
Revised and expanded edition. 254 pages. Illustrated.